Breathing correctly is a very important, not only to be able to perform strenuous tasks, but to allow the lungs to fill up with air, and aid in controlling the heart rate. The benefits of proper breathing can assure you of not getting pneumonia when you have a bad cough, by clearing the air passages to the lungs. Proper deep breathing also can assist you in relaxing before doing things that cause you to be stressful and nervous.
- Before starting this breathing excercise, take your pulse. If you are extremely nervous, your pulse rate will probably be faster than normal.
- Inhale deeply though your nose, keep your mouth closed, and hold it a few seconds. You will feel your chest expand.
- Release it by blowing it slowly out through your mouth.
- Do this a few times, and take your pulse again, and you will be amazed to find a normal heart rate, and a feeling of being relaxed. The nerves and butterflies seem to have gone.
- This excercise is also used in Yoga.
- You should be doing this sitting with your back straight.
- Practice this excercise at least once a day, in the comfort of your own home, or in your car.
- Normal breathing is done by breathing in and out through your nose.